Wiki Knights is a student organization at UCF that believes information can and should be available, free of charge. This organization aims to create and promote free, open textbooks for the higher education community as well as contribute to existing open communities such as OpenStax, Wikipedia, Pressbooks, and others.
Meeting Schedule for Spring 2023:
Mondays @ 7pm
Student Union, Room 219
(See our Discord and social media for the latest updates!)
Become a Member
If you are interested in being a member click the link above to join our club at UCF.
Join us on Discord
Discord is where members of Wiki Knights communicate online. We post updates, ideas and other club activities on here.
The Wiki Knights library is a collection of free to use textbooks for classes here at UCF.
Wiki Knights meets weekly on Mondays at 7:00 PM in room 219 (Sanibel Board Room) at the Student Union in Spring 2023.
Follow us on social media:
Wiki Knights in Action:
- Spring 2023: We Spoke to Students About OER. Here’s the Word on the Street:In Spring 2023, we spoke with students on campus for Open Education Week about open educational resources, textbooks, and homework.
- We Created Free, Open Resources for Intro to C StudentsFrom the work of Jerrett Longworth, Nicole Zolnier, and other invaluable supporters and TAs, Wiki Knights has created a repository of free and publicly accessible resources for Introduction to C Programming (COP 3223) at UCF. These materials began development in Fall 2020 as a personal side project by TAs to give students more support andContinue reading “We Created Free, Open Resources for Intro to C Students”
- What Happened in Fall 2022?Hello and welcome to the Wiki Knights blog! My name is Olga Ivashyna, the Secretary of Wiki Knights as of Fall 2022. This blog post will function as an introduction to the organization. This will begin by talking with our current President, Jerrett Longworth, in an interview-style setting. In the future, you can expect regularContinue reading “What Happened in Fall 2022?”
- Wiki Knights Asked UCF Students About Textbooks. Here’s What They Said:In November 2021, we asked students on campus their thoughts on the cost of textbooks and experiences they have had with them. We want to share those thoughts from students, by students, to inform others of how they feel about the current system of buying and using textbooks.
- WIKI KNIGHTS STOPPED OPT-OUT!This is an archived collection of posts describing how with the help of many others, Wiki Knights was able to prevent UCF switching to an opt-out textbook billing policy.